Enstone Parish Council met with Overbury (chosen contractor), Lichfields and Warner Leisure to discuss the traffic plan for contractors vehicles during the refurbishment. This is anticipated to start in September/October and be finished mid 2022. The Hotel will be closed during this period so there will little customer traffic.
Overbury estimate that during phase 1 there would be between 20 – 80 delivery vehicles a day. During the main phase of construction large deliveries of materials are not anticipated due to storage and material management and this will reflect on small vehicle choice. To minimise vehicle movements the following will be implemented:
- Encourage car sharing.
- Encourage delivery companies to be members of FORS (operators achieving best practice in safety, efficiency and environmental protection).
- Operate on on-line booking system to minimise on site congestion.
The area around The Drive entrance to Heythrop Park has been assessed as the main traffic route by Overbury and the Parish Council has agreed to the proposed traffic plan for deliveries:
Delivery to The Drive entrance from A44:
- From Chipping Norton – along B4030 (Bicester Road).
- From Oxford – along The Drive.
Delivery from The Drive entrance to A44:
- Along The Drive to the Art Yard Cafe.
The Parish Council will be monitoring the impact on roads throughout this period and will appoint a councillor to act as liaison for the duration. Progress will be reported through the Ensign, Parish website and Facebook page.