There is a vacancy at Enstone Parish Council for the post of Parish Clerk. Training will be given by the current clerk.
For further information please contact the Chair at email@example.com
Please reply with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date: Thursday 28th July
Parish Clerk Job Specification as follows: For PDF version click here Enstone Parish Clerk – Vacancy – June 2022
PARISH CLERK/RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER – ENSTONE PARISH COUNCIL
Location: home-based, with PC-owned laptop
Hours: 12-14 hpw
Salary: NJC Scale LC2, scale points 18-23 (£13.21 to £14.67 per hour)
The Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the Council (ten Parish Councillors) and, as the Responsible Finance Officer, is required to manage the Council’s finances. It is a very rewarding job, working with the Parish Council and liaising and supporting the community in all matters relating to Local Authority issues.
- Preparing the monthly parish council meetings, including agenda preparation, taking and distributing minutes and ensuring that outcomes are actioned – meetings take place on the last Thursday of the month.
- Managing the Parish Council’s finances, including preparation of accounts and reconciliations. Using the HMRC Basic Tools for PAYE, using NEST regarding pension contributions, payment of invoices (electronic banking), submission of accounts for internal & external audit and preparing the annual VAT reclaim. Preparing the annual budget and precept calculation following the annual Finance Meeting of the Council.
- Ensuring that planning applications are considered and responses submitted to the District Council.
- Dealing with correspondence and enquiries
- Liaison with contractors and other service providers. Work closely with the District Councillor and County Councillor.
- Liaise with local organisations including the Primary School, Sports Club, Playing Field Association, the Parish Hall Management Committee, the Eco Group and local business including Heythrop Park, Soho Farmhouse, and Alpine Ltd (formerly known as Renault).
- Work closely with the webmaster regarding the village website.
- Prepare and submit the monthly update to the Ensign Parish Magazine regarding Council matters.
- Other duties as and when required including maintenance of the community defibrillator.
- Working closely with the District Council regarding the four-yearly Elections.
- You will be required to attend the monthly parish council meeting, which usually takes place on the last Thursday of each month at 7.00 pm at Enstone Parish Hall.
- Having a good working relationship with the Chair is essential.
- You must have administrative experience and be able to maintain accurate financial records. Candidates must possess a high standard of oral and written communication skills, be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (particularly Word and Excel).
- Be capable of working independently and using your own initiative.
- The clerk/RFO is responsible to the Council as a body.
- Keep updated with Local Authority legislation and liaise with the Oxfordshire Association of Local Councils.
- Attend training courses as and when required.
- Previous experience in local government at any level will be helpful, but is by no means essential.