Local information about services affected during the Coronavirus
Updates about critical frontline services such as fire and rescue, waste collections, highways and children’s social care: Click here to learn more:
For information and updates about other services, click here to learn more:
HELP FOR VILLAGERS DURING CORONAVIRUS THREAT
It is essential, in times like this, that we ensure all in our community are supported. This note gives details of help and support that is available in the Enstone parish community.
ENSTONE COVID-19 COMMUNITY SUPPORT GROUP (Facebook)
Click here to join the Enstone COVID-19 Community Support Group, where those that wish to, can offer help to neighbours and those that need it can ask. If you are able to help either join the group and look out for requests for help or pick up a #viralkindness postcard from inside Adam’s Stores (also available to print on the FB group) to put through your neighbour’s doors.
- Click here for the Facebook Covid-19 Information Centre
- Public Health England – Twitter: @PHE_UK
- Department of Health and Social Care – Twitter: @DHSCgovuk
- NHS Twitter: @NHSuk
ADAMS OF ENSTONE
The shop remains open.
Click here to go to Adams of Enstone Facebook Page for the latest information.
ENSTONE PARISH COUNCIL
The council is still working, helping the community and meeting by video conferencing. The following members of Enstone Parish Council are available and happy to help:
- Nikki Knott – 07711 545 594 Carole Glendinning – 07977 506 209
- David Robottom – 07768 511 108 Philip Shaw – 07771 594 927
- Anthony Ward – 07540 960 592 Andrew Lee – 07867 783 459
- Rev Mark Abery, Holy Trinity Church, Ascott, 01608 676 572
WEST OXFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL – WODC
For the latest information and advice on services from West Oxfordshire District Council (WODC) go to www.westoxon.gov.uk/coronavirus.
CHARLBURY MEDICAL CENTRE INFORMATION
CHIPPING NORTON MEDICAL CENTRE INFORMATION
UPDATE ON HOSPITAL VISITING
Oxford University Hospitals.
Citizens Advice – West Oxfordshire
Lines are busy, so start by visiting www.citizensadvice.org.uk. If an answer cannot be found, call the Adviceline on 0300 330 9049.
Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire is keen for people to know that the charity is still here for everyone. Citizens Advice is not able to provide face-to-face advice but is bolstering the Adviceline telephone service to help anyone who is in need of advice.
Citizens Advice website is constantly updated with the latest advice on what the coronavirus could mean for people on topics such as:
- Sick pay
- Rights to work from home
- Flights, accommodation and event cancellation
- People’s rights if schools are closed
- Losing work because of coronavirus
Age UK Oxfordshire
Telephone support service for older people and carers
A new telephone support service has been launched by Age UK Oxfordshire and Action for Carers Oxfordshire. The aim is to offer advice and assistance to older people and carers. The service will provide a friendly weekly telephone call and an opportunity to help, or if appropriate direct people to other sources of help.
Call: 01865 411 288. Leave your name and phone number. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Community First Oxfordshire (CFO)
The CFO office itself is now closed and staff are working from home. They all have access to email and if you are unsure as to the correct email address, please forward to: email@example.com and they will direct your email to the most appropriate person (or ask someone to give you a call).
Direct phone calls are currently more limited: please phone: 07935 888 638. if you need to speak to someone. visit the website at www.communityfirstoxon.org.
Government Business Support
For the Government Business Support Hotline call: 0300 456 3565
For the Universal Credit Hotline call: 0800 328 5644
The breakdown of all the financial support currently available for individuals and business can be found here: www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-those-affected-by-covid-19
OTHER USEFUL NUMBERS
- Police – Emergency: 999, Non-Emergency: 101
- Volunteer Link-Up: 01993 776277
- Crime Stoppers: 0800 555 111
- UK Visas & Immigration: 0300 123 2253
- Shelter: 0808 800 4444
- Debt Advice (Stepchange): 0800 138 1111
- Law Society (Find a solicitor service): 020 7320 5650
- If you require legal advice, please call the CLA to establish if you are entitled to Legal Aid: 0345 345 4345
- HMRC: 0800 015 9559
- School Closures: 0800 046 8687